Skip to main content

How can flipping a coin be a better at decision making than yourself.



"In a scenario like this I don't suppose it is bad form to just... flip a coin. Heads or tails?"                                               -Walter White(Breaking Bad)
We all have been in that spilt road stuck in the dilemma of which road to pick and both the roads must be equally drastic or good, the whole thing is so unfair and agonising.

Till my late teenage I've been at such grave circumstances and most of them came with a choice, the choices are so spontaneous that you'd never expect one and granted you won't be equipped to make that choice.I'll walk you through a hypothetical situation where your dad gives you an ultimatum, he can either put u on a plane to study at foreign university you have been longing your whole life to study ,in my case University of Tokyo (sugoi sugoi) or he will be investing to your most prolonged business idea whatever it is that could make you a lot of buck. Both of these opportunities are equally good and you still haven't made up your mind on what to choose .You have carefully calculated the results on both ,you cross referenced the entire consequences and even google the whole thing(google? Seriously?)... Congratulations you are dead stressed and one step closer from hitting the bottom.

This is where my question comes in "well is it bad idea to just to flip a coin? " I'm sorry some might take this as somewhat of an offensive thing to say "How can someone with a stable civilized mind flip a coin for such a major life decision like this one Lohith? " Jeez I'm sorry guys I can be a bit loose at times but hey guess what ? You are not any better either, aren't u the guy who drinks straight out if the jug because pouring into a glass is too much work.
All jokes aside, think of it ,according to me things have a spontaneous way of happening and everything happens coincidentally , What if u went to college but turns out that someone else came up with your same business venture and went big or what if you took the business path and you failed enormously because you lacked the education. People can never predict these stuff (not to mention if you have a time machine) like I mentioned before things have a spontaneous way of happening and you have to be at that exact moment when u decide. Take a coin, assign it sincerely , toss it, make the move.


In my personal yet so naive experiences flipping coin has somewhat a godly sense to it I mean the whole thing is kinda like traditional, they flip coins at the beginning of matches and at some ceremonies and all. And of course yeah it worked for me, when I say it worked I'm not boasting about the sweet fruit but also there has been bad ones all of which taught me  lessons which made me stronger. Next time you are stuck on the fence flip a coin and let it work it's magic.

Comments